Are there any profitable business ideas for introverts where being an effective CEO doesn’t require;
- Constant recharging/regrouping to keep energy up?
- Being a people person before communicating your products/services?
- Appearing in front of the camera with your clients to build loyalty?
- Face-to-face communications with your staff to optimize workflow/productivity?
Well, the answer is, YES.
With the “4 unique business ideas for introverts” that I am about to share here alongside their startup guides, all you need are;
- Introspective thinking.
- Strong analytic/research skills.
- Good listening + good writing skills.
- And, of course, a startup capital.
Top Business Ideas For Introverts
Idea 1; Starting From Your Comfort Zone With Amazon
Do you know that there are 20+ small business ideas for introverts on Amazon?
Yet, I have chosen only Amazon Kindle Direct publishing because;
- It’s free.
- No prior business experience is needed.
- You don’t need to be an expert in anything.
- You don’t even need to be a writer.
- It’s open to all fields.
- It’s one of the global most profitable online business ideas for introverts/extroverts.
So, what’s it about?
Simple, you write in your preferred format (docs? PDF? What have you?). You submit it to Amazon through your free Kindle account. You set your price, audience, and book format (Paperback or hardcover or eBook, or both?). And Amazon does the rest; from publishing to marketing.
But if you want great success (as opposed to publishing and praying) as an Amazon author, follow the proven roadmap below.
Step 1; Validate Your Book Idea
Generally, what authors try to find out here is whether there are enough buyers for their book, if there are existing similar books, and what are the chances of outselling the competition. So, let’s find out.
First thing, set up your Amazon author central account/page here for free. After that, do these;
- Locate Your Category; to make sure there’s an existing market for your idea on Amazon, navigate to the “Department” submenu on Amazon. On the dropdown, click on Kindle E-reader/books. Once landed on the page, choose “best sellers” and then find yours from the listed categories.
- Check The Top Listed Books In Your Category; if you were able to locate your category, here’s where you determine the competition. So, go ahead, click on each top-listed 10 books, scroll down to read the bottom descriptions. There you’ll find the ranking of each book.
Get this, books with a #1000- ranking are difficult to beat. Those ranked between #2000 and #20,000 are mildly easy to outrank. But those below #20,000 are super easy to outsell.
Step 2; Create Your Book
Yes, I remember mentioning that you don’t really need to be a writer. And it’s true because you can easily hire a freelance writer to flesh out your ideas for you. Even if you don’t have an idea but a topic you saw is selling crazily on Amazon, here are some platforms to hire an experienced writer;
Step 3; Package Your Book Like A Best Seller And Launch
Bounce design ideas off of the best sellers in your category. The thing is, people do judge books by their covers. And the top-ranking books in your category are because, thanks to the meticulously chosen and designed visuals. If you’re not a designer, hire one from one of the previously listed freelance platforms.
Once it’s all ready, submit your output to Amazon through your author page and get launched on the spot.
Final Steps After Publishing?
- Create An Amazon Ad Campaign.
- Drop The Losing Ads And Boost The Winners.
- Post Free Content On Your Author Page To Build A Fanbase.
- Build An Email List By Letting People Subscribe Through Your Author Page.
- Ask For Reviews.
- Publish In Other Categories.
- Repeat The Process And Keep Making Money.
Below are even more business ideas for introverts who love making money without compromising. Psst; if you are a woman, check out these top small business ideas for women.
Idea 2; Create Mobile Apps + Monetize Them
If you are a developer/programmer, this is one of the PERFECT and unique business ideas for introverts like you. Get this though, hundreds of apps get developed every day and only a few of them make it to the markets while a fraction of that gets accepted and bought into. So, where does that leave you?
Follow the guide below to avoid the ditches, yes, even if you have no coding experience;
Step 1; Come Up With An Idea That Sells Easily
The mistake app entrepreneurs easily make is picking on the wrong guys. I mean, it is tempting to replicate an existing high-selling app but you’re equally stepping in the ring with the big boys. You better be ready to market aggressively, otherwise, here are the characteristics of an easy selling mobile app;
- Solves a specific problem.
- User-friendly aka great UI/UX.
- Works fast with stability.
- Available to both Android and iOS.
- Updates often without creating a bug.
Step 2; Create Your App + Test + Review
As I previously mentioned, you can create a mobile app without prior coding knowledge or even learning to code. Here are your options.
To create mobile apps via a free and easy-to-use drag-and-drop software, use;
Alternatively, you could hire a freelance mobile app developer at;
Otherwise, to become a certified app developer, take a paid course at;
Once your app is created, be your own harshest critic, let a family member/friend test and review, and retest before launching.
Final Step; Monetize And Market
Note this, publishing your app on Google PlayStore requires a one-time registration fee of $25. I am not sure what other stores charge but Google is the best place to launch. Anyway, after publishing, here are some ways to monetize and market your app.
- In-app advertising; get paid to show ads for businesses. Start reaching out to these businesses via emails once you reach 300-400 downloads.
- Make money off sponsorships and partnerships.
- Include in-app purchases.
- Offer paid and freemium subscription to your app.
- Sell your other products.
For marketing & promotion;
- Get featured on official blogs like Medium.
- Reach out to influencers.
- Build a converting landing page for your app.
- Use promo videos.
- Use your social media.
Idea 3; Sell Your Heart On Etsy As A Creative Genius
Okay, I made that up. It’s “art”, not “heart”. Creativity is the “curse” of we all introverts. In fact, according to research, being alone is the trait of every genius. Luckily, Etsy is a great platform for anyone looking for the best business ideas for creative introverts. And here is how to start making money on Etsy right now;
Step 1; Choose The High Selling Category
Whether it’s selling your poetry, sketches, paintings, or just art ideas, there’s a place for you on Etsy. But some categories sell better than others. To come to a certain size of demand for your output, you can use a dedicated Etsy seller tool like;
- Or Marmalead.
Suppose you discovered that the t-shirt category has a high demand for new products, you can start selling t-shirts that have your art printed on them. Yes, Etsy has a print-on-demand option so you don’t need to handle anything.
Step 2; Choose A Name And Logo For Your Shop
Remember, your name brand name should be super easy to pronounce and remember, yet it should communicate your niche. Most importantly, after coming up with a name, do a quick search on Google to make sure you’re not duplicating an existing brand name.
Finally, for your logo design, hire a designer on UpWork or use any of these free logo design apps;
Step 3; Create A Shop + Take Images
A “shop” as used here means your Etsy account. You can either opt for the free standard one or an Etsy Plus account that costs you £7.50 per month. And each one gives you the drag-and-drop tools + design templates for your shop. Once designed, start taking images of your product and post them with prices.
Final Step; Market + Make A Postage Plan
Now it’s time to start growing the visibility of your shop and products using the methods at your disposal. But remember to read Etsy’s advertising and marketing policy first. Meanwhile, here are some ways to market your business on Etsy;
- Etsy Ads.
- Social media ads.
- Email marketing.
- Website marketing.
Once your ads are running, follow that up immediately with a postage plan, ideally a reliable and cost-effective postal office. Though selling on Etsy is one of the best business ideas for creative introverts, remember that more marketing + more products = more profits. Finally, here’s the last on my list of the high-profit online business ideas for introverts. Otherwise, see these high-profit business ideas for men.
Idea 4; Affiliate Marketing + Blogging = Steady Income
Really, whether it’s just about sharing your personal story, giving out your inspirations, or communicating your expertise in a particular field through a blog, the whole point boils down to building an audience that you can sell to.
Now, the good thing is that you don’t need to have a product of your own nor does creating a blog demand that you become a tech guru. Let’s get you up and running in 2 easy steps, shall we?
Step 1; Creating A Blog From Ground Zero
- Decide the type of blog you need; a membership site? A community? A food/recipe blog? A static business blog?
- Buy a domain and choose a hosting plan; simply put, your domain is the name/address of your blog with a .com or .org at the end of it. You can buy and register your blog name at Hostgator, DreamHost, GoDaddy, or BlueHost. A domain costs between $1/month and $50/month.
- Choose a website builder; after purchasing an address/name, install your website builder to your host to start building. WordPress is the most popular and offers a lot of options, especially for beginners. Nevertheless, other powerful but easy-to-use website builders are Wix, Godaddy, Squarespace, and Shopify.
- Start publishing and promoting; learn how to create SEO content for blog pages that are optimized for traffic and visibility. Remember, the more visible you are on the net, the bigger and faster your audience grows. Also, be consistent about publishing valuable content and also learn other ways to promote your pages.
Step 2; Register For An Affiliate Program
So, this is where the money is coming from. There are tons of services, products, and businesses out there ready to pay you over and over again for driving traffic their way. But you don’t want to start pitching them one by one, right? Below are the best high-paying affiliate programs you can join now;
Once registered, you are given a personalized tracking + promotion affiliate link and an affiliate dashboard where you track your earnings. Start pasting these links on your blog to start earning.
Before wrapping up, see these service business ideas for anyone.
In this article, I have shown you 4 suitable and profiting business ideas for introverts who love to build wealth from the comfort of their bedroom. I have also given you the easy but complete roadmap to walk you from starting up to making money with each of the business ideas for introverts.
Check also: Ultimate Guide To Small Business Ideas