Audio translation software has become a significant player in the modern digital age and every video created. Most videos serve for marketing purposes and are used for product demonstrations, interactive eLearning, employee training, and much more.
Using the proper translation software allows you to break down the language barriers that arise while watching a video and allow you to watch videos in other languages. So, in this case, you won’t have to pay anyone to manually translate videos or have to waste time and deal with people. The translation software does all of the work here.
Well, in this article, we will find out how audio translation software makes consumers’ lives easier.
Why do you need audio translation services?
Audio translation services make your video sound look professional and localize e-learning content. Using one language for all of your educational purposes may not be adequate and may make your clients feel uncomfortable following instructions. According to a study, roughly about only 20% of the world speaks English, and 80% either don’t speak or fully understand the language.
Furthermore, we can condemn that languages are harder to understand when we have to speak or write them. This is an issue when you want your customers or employees to be fully sealed in your spoken and written content. After all, using local audio translations is the only way to make things more efficient and professional.
How does audio translation software make consumers’ life easier?
Fast translation services
Audio translation software services that are of high quality should reduce language barriers and allow users to communicate in foreign languages.
Operating as a business, you should be able to offer users a translation service that can do this and not manually hire human translators to do this kind of work.
Audio translation software is best when businesses seek to use it in daily routines and is a tool that satisfies clients that need fast translations to be made. In this case, they don’t need to wander around looking for inaccurate translations.
For example, Happy Scribe’s audio translator software translates files in only a few minutes with accuracies of 85%-99%. Clients might be in a rush and need translations to be done right away, so audio translation software needs to be fast and accurate at all times.
Good translation software contains context dictionaries and translation memories, which allows you to save and retrieve translations right away to make them reusable in the future. Moreover, you can integrate this translation software to different email and Microsoft Office applications.
Offer many languages in audio translation
Look at the supported languages in the audio translation software. This is one of the clients’ main concerns when translating audio, especially if you have an international client base. For example, Pairaphrase offers translation services in 100 different languages. The more languages there are for translation, the better it’ll be for your clients.
Some software possesses only a few dozen languages, and there is software that will only have specific languages they translate audio in. Thus, top audio translation software will make your client’s life easier when they are multilingual, and additionally, when you offer translation in languages that you can’t find in other software.
Most audio translation software will offer support at all times through email support or even live chats. At the same time, others may only do this during working hours. Other types of support include frequently asked questions (FAQs) or user forums.
Your job is to ensure you provide services at all times and not only during work hours. Clients live in different time zones, so you have to equally assess their issues at all times.
An example of support would include Tomedes audio translation services that offer 24/7 live chat support in many languages across the globe.
Offer great features and capabilities
Great translation software should distinguish the working languages that users are using. The software should allow users to write emails in their preferred dialects and have it delivered in their ideal language.
Furthermore, the best documents have many features associated with them for enhanced translation experiences. Here are some of them:
- Instantaneous language recognition
- Built-in spell checker
- Text-to-speech capabilities and more
Offer the correct type of supported formats and files
If you have many translations, you must have the correct software to manage large sections of file formats. Great transcription software allows users to integrate the software with programs such as Microsoft Office and more. Moreover, this allows the user to work in various file formats.
Last but not least, you should ensure that the user’s software is compatible with operating systems such as Linux, Android, iOS, and more. According to Statista, 85% of the world owns a smartphone, and it’s more important than ever to have your audio transcription software compatible with major operating systems on smartphones such as Android and iOS. Thus, it allows every user to access the software anywhere they wish, making life easier for them.
Issues you should address with audio translation software
Many issues arise when using audio translation software, and you must seek to use the software to avoid them:
- Failing to use straightforward text that is in favor of users
- Failing to offer the software in enough languages and having a low accuracy percentage as some audio translation software do.
- Disregarding localization elements such as calendar format, postal code structures, and more.
- Taking too long to translate
Choose the correct type of audio transcription service technique
There’re a few different types of audio transcription services which you can offer to your target audience. However, keep in mind that each target audience requires a different format.
Do you want your video to be filmed in their local language or yours? Here are some translation techniques you should take into consideration:
- Voice replacement: this technique includes users muting the sound of the video they are watching, and then the new language speakers will start replacing original words with their local language. There are some difficulties with this technique as sometimes it may not match the same voice as in the original video.
- Off-screen voice-over: most common with eLearning courses where the audio transcription voice is heard when off the screen, and the user can follow on-screen subtitles and animations. This type of voice-over is easier than voice replacement as one actor is required, and a new language must be synced to the original text.
- Actor replacement: organizations can seek to re-shoot and film videos with their local languages to replace the foreign language speaker on the screen. For example, it’s like when you watch a movie that is originally in English, but the sounds are muted and translated into your local language.
- UN-style voice-over: a popular choice amongst many organizations. Usually doesn’t mute the foreign language speaker but translates as soon as they are done speaking. In short, the audience is able to hear the original voice for a few seconds before they hear the translation.
- Dubbing/LipSynching: probably one of the best complex audio translation options as it requires you to add a voice-over that matches the lips of the actor in the video. Moreover, it also requires you to blend in with the voice, which is even more challenging to do.
Other benefits regarding audio translation software
- An enhanced experience for foreign customers: by localizing your products and services, you are setting up customer loyalty from every language across the globe. Furthermore, you are also presenting yourself as an international business that is flexible in ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Effective communication: your international customers fully understand you because of product localization and help ensure better communication and commitment from both sides.
- Competitive edge: as we said before if you are offering audio translations in languages your competitors fail to do so, you’ll have a significant competitive edge. It’s a win-win situation for you and just means you are expanding your customer base and increasing their satisfaction using your product and services.
Wrapping it up
Well, that’s about it for this article. Hopefully, now you have some fresh and new ideas on how to consider making your customer’s life much easier whenever they are using the audio transcription software you are offering them. After all, this does help you build customer loyalty and engagement, which are important factors for the success of your business.
Take into account what your business can offer and ensure that you are providing the right audio transcription services to your audience. There’s nothing worse than offering your customers something they won’t like and aren’t happy about.
In short, customers want to feel local even when they are videos and understand everything they are watching. Maybe, it might not be as easy as it seems, but it’ll definitely be worth it.