Writing essays is a few people’s idea of great fun. However, it doesn’t have to be the miserable slog through boredom and misery many people think essays must be. Once you learn a few tips and tricks for mastering the art of writing a great essay, you, too, can write your papers quickly and easily.
Fortunately, academic writing is different from creative writing and follows some fairly strict and sturdy formulas. While that can make academic essays less than inspiring, it also makes them fairly easy to automate as you work to write quickly and efficiently. Along with professional academic writers from an essay writing service e.g. SmartWritingService, let’s take a look at how.
The goal of learning to write quickly is to do so while maintaining high quality. As journalist A. J. Liebling reportedly said, “I can write faster than anyone who can write better, and I can write better than anyone who can write faster.” Where can you begin with writing an essay quickly and professionally?
Why Write Essays Fast?
There is an obvious reason that students want to learn to write papers faster. They want to get their homework done quickly so they can get back to their lives and do the things that really matter. The truth is that today’s college students face more draws on their time than almost any time in the past. Their school workload has grown over the decades, and the average student is doing more homework than at any time in the past.
At the same time, the number of students who are full time students and can devote all of their time only to their education is falling. Most students now have some sort of outside employment, whether it is a full-time job, part-time job, or internship. Currently, 81 percent of part-time students are employed, and 43 percent of full-time students. When you add in family obligations and extracurricular activities, students simply don’t have the time to devote to writing essays like they did in the old days.
There is also a benefit to learning to write quickly that isn’t tied just to speed. When you can write at a rapid pace, you can achieve a certain momentum in your writing that will propel you forward through the process and ultimately make it easier to complete your work. Maintaining momentum helps you to put together ideas without having to stop and makes for more fluid and stronger essays overall.
How to Write Essays Faster and Better?
That of, course, raises the question of how you are supposed to write faster. William Faulkner suggested that the best way to become a great creative writer is to first be a great reader. “Read, read, read. Read everything – trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You’ll absorb it. Then write. If it’s good, you’ll find out. If it’s not, throw it out of the window.” However, when you are in college, you don’t have the option to throw out an essay and start over if it isn’t good, and essays aren’t usually creative writing. Instead, you are more likely to succeed by writing using a formula.
- Read the assignment. The first thing every essay writer must do is to read the assignment. The assignment contains all of the information you’ll need to develop your topic. It sets the parameters and helps you to understand what to do or not do. That’s why you need to read carefully and make sure that you understand each requirement. If there are any parts that you don’t understand, you should seek clarification from your instructor.
- Develop a research question. Creating a research question to guide you in the process will help to save time because you will have a specific question to answer and can tailor your research, note-taking, and writing process to answering this question, allowing you to more effectively pare down the process to just the essentials.
- Consider using an essay writing service. You can cut steps out of the writing process when you pay someone to help write papers for you. When you use professional online academic writing from an essay service for processing your “pay someone to write my essay” request, you will see how a professional would answer your essay question and develop a fully realized academic essay to address each part of the assignment. Being able to use this as a model is a terrific time-saver that will show you the right way to approach each part of your paper from start to finish—not to mention the huge time-saver the paper’s bibliography of high-quality research sources will be in your research process.
- Outline your paper before you write. Another big time-saver in the writing process is to outline your paper before you start writing. The outlining process involves planning out each part of your paper before you write so that you have a complete roadmap to follow during the writing process. This means that you will need to stop less frequently and won’t take a wrong turn down a dead-end tangent because you already know where each paragraph needs to go.
- Save the introduction for last. Many students waste a lot of time trying to find the perfect introduction only to have to rewrite it when the conclusion they reach ends up being a little different from their starting point. Save the intro for last, and you can use your conclusion to guide you in picking the best introductory strategy.
These tips for better writing may remind you of some banal healthy lifestyle advice. However, if you follow the most basic lifestyle tips, you become healthier, happier and find meaning in life. It works the same with essay writing tips — if you actually do what we advise you to do, not just look for more similar guides and close them in the end, you will become much more efficient in writing and reach your goals.
The key to any success is in the repetition of seemingly simple but right steps, correcting mistakes on time, and giving yourself some quality rest when you need it.