The Senior Planning Engineer will report to the Planning Manager and provides project controls and planning support to the Package Managers, as well as managing all aspects of schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring on his behalf (including making mitigation / acceleration proposals).
The Senior Planning Engineer reviews, analyses, and validates all inputs received from the Discipline Leads and incorporates them into the detailed P6 Primavera schedule for the Design Work Package.
Across all Work Packages assigned to him, the Senior Planning Engineer will implement and promote good scheduling practices.
He performs regular health checks on the schedule(s) in order to identify opportunities and risks, as well as to manage interfaces between the various technical disciplines.
In order to influence behaviors and achieve desired outcomes, this role necessitates the use of personal drive and motivation.
He interacts with the NEOM/EPM planning team under the supervision of the Package Manager and the Planning Manager.
- Provides comments and recommendations for staffing and project control schedule requirements.
- For the design work packages assigned to him, develops and maintains the relevant section(s) of the Master Schedule.
- Develops appropriate milestones for each work package and records them in the Master Schedule.
- Analyzes work package scope against identified activities and resources to ensure that the scope is delivered in the most efficient way possible.
- Review the productivity of the teams assigned to his work packages on a regular basis and make any necessary recommendations to the Design Package Manager.
- In support of all tender responses to NEOM/EPM RFPs, creates detailed schedules and assists in the creation of detailed work package staffing plans.
- Regularly communicates schedule updates to the various work package teams, including associated progress, key issues, and key milestones to be met.
- Attends work package meetings in support of the above, during which he identifies any milestones that are at risk and proposes opportunities to correct / mitigate any delays with the work package team.
- Ensures full visibility of the overall programme delivery by managing all planning interfaces between the various work packages assigned to him and the packages assigned to other Senior Planning Engineers.
- The Discipline Leads’ weekly/monthly inputs are reviewed and analysed before being reflected on the schedules.
- Actively support the development and upkeep of good industry project control and planning standards.
- Prepares and presents schedule impact reports to the team. Develops proposed schedule recovery plans with the team, taking into account the impact on resources. As needed, communicates with the Cost Engineers.
- Under the supervision of the Package Manager and the Planning Manager, interacts with designated NEOM/EPM counterparts.
- Actively participates in the development and updating of all weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reports, as well as PowerPoint presentations.
- Understanding of planning and scheduling concepts and principles, as well as their implications for financial performance.
- Familiar with data sources and supports basic schedule development.
- Supports analysis of schedule, identifies and investigates project schedule variances.
- Collects and updates data and updates and produces scheduling reports.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of WBS as well as the implementation of applicable coding. Supports the creation of basic schedules.
- Supports gathering and assembling data for schedule updating.
- Supports project schedule progress measurement and data gathering and assembly for schedule and network updates.
- Gathers data for schedule baseline development and maintenance.
- Familiar with construction drawings, specifications and construction contracting methods.
- Understands CPM scheduling concepts and principles and able to develop basic engineering, procurement and construction logic.
- Understands concepts and principles of scope control and change management and earned value methodology.
- Supports monthly report preparation.
- May participate in planning and scheduling meetings to gain insight to planning and scheduling issues.
- Exposure to basic scheduling and cost baseline fundamentals, concepts and principles.
- Experience in schedule development, monitoring and reviewing.
- Significant experience with Primavera software (P6).
- Skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings.
- Good knowledge of working contracts.
- Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in construction/engineering.
- Project management membership desired.
Apply via Company Website