Ready to apply your project engineering skills to major infrastructure projects that will change the fabric of our community? Would you like to work on a wide range of engineering tasks on large-scale, complex projects? Parsons is currently looking for a Senior Planning Engineer to work on our rapidly expanding transportation project.
Parsons’ extensive experience in this field, combined with your advanced project and engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward and provide you with opportunities to lead teams. We require Project Control Engineers at this level to be fully qualified professionals with solid experience, eager to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment, and with exceptional communication, analytical, and leadership skills. In this role, you will develop, implement, and maintain cost control, as well as provide planning/scheduling on one or more larger projects.
You will use your technical knowledge and familiarity with company policies and procedures to complete complex tasks on your own.
- Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance in resolving difficult project control issues.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts current status in relation to an established baseline schedule.
- Evaluates the impact(s) of design or construction changes, as well as schedule slippages.
- Reports status of schedule to appropriate project and Company management as well to the client.
- Understands and applies terminology, concepts, and relationships in engineering, procurement, and construction.
- Using this data, creates and maintains critical path logic networks and bar charts.
- Customizes project control systems to meet specific project requirements.
- Gathers historical data, such as performance history, to serve as a realistic foundation for future planning and forecasting.
- One or more lower-level Project Control Specialists and/or support personnel may be supervised and given performance reviews.
- Sr. Project Control Staff receives input on staffing requirements.
- As needed, performs other responsibilities related to this position.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or a related field is required (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Basic engineering knowledge in electrical, mechanical, civil, or a related field is required.
- Proficient PC skills, including knowledge of Project Controls software and the Microsoft Office Suite.
Apply via Company Website