Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP)
A PSP is experienced planning and scheduling professional with advanced experience in the planning and development of projects, monitoring, updating, forecasting and analysis of integrated schedules. Within the context of AACE International Total Cost Management (TCM), the PSP certification leads the planning and scheduling process. The PSP certification enables all project stakeholders, both internal and external, to communicate effectively.
- Eight years of industry-related experience or four years of industry-related experience + 4-year university degree in the industry
- Adherence to AACE’s Canons of Ethics
Recommended Study Materials
- AACE’s Planning and Scheduling Certification Study Guide
- AACE’s Skills & Knowledge of Cost Engineering, 6th Edition
- AACE’s Total Cost Management Framework
- CPM in Construction Management, 8th Edition
- Construction Planning and Scheduling Manual, 2nd Edition
- Project Management
PSP Exam Structure
- 5 hours max
- 119 simple, multiple choice and compound, scenario questions
- memo (writing an assignment with a given scenario & instructions for writing a response in an onscreen text box)
- Closed Book
- A calculator permitted (not provided by the testing center)
AACE membership is not required for the certification, members receive the benefit of reduced examination fees.
- US$500 for members
- US$625 for non-members
- US$250 resit fee (member and non-members)
All fees are due upon submission of an application & are non-refundable. The fee includes our eligibility documentation review & computer-based testing (CBT) fee.
Download PSP Materials
Watch PSP Certification Exam Introduction Video