What is Public Relation?
Public Relations is a very important department in any company that enhances the image of the company between competitors. make a stronger relationship between the company and the clients. And it’s also using very simple words to provide information to the public. There are many definitions of public relations but the most famous one is for Grunig and Hunt’s. The most important components of public relations as Grunig and Hunt’s said:
- Communications: It does not depend only on sending or receiving messages to others but also to understand the messages of others through listening and speaking.
- Organization: each group organized with popular In most situations it is a business, corporation, and nonprofit group.
- Management: the body of knowledge to achieve the target and the goals.
- Publics: Any group pf people held together by popular interest. targeted audiences, on the other hand, are public who receive a specifically targeted message that is tailored to their interest.
Public Relations Qualification:
- Bachelor of Journalism, PR, marketing, and other related fields.
- Having experience in handling a press conference.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Having knowledge in marketing.
- Ability to log to media.
- Ability to work on big strategy plans.
- Meet the deadline.
- Eager and keen to learn new things
- Good listener and learner.
- Experience in working as a PR Specialist.
- Time management skills
- Good IT skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Awareness of different media agendas.
- Background in researching, writing, and editing publications.
- Excellent in MS office.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Public Relationship Manager Job Description (Responsibilities & Duties)
1-The Public Relationship Manager must plan and manage public relations programs.
2-Making a budget for PR activities and events.
3-The Public Relations Manager has to train the new members of the public relations team.
4-Design the content of the media announcement.
5-Helping in designing marketing materials.
6-Solving the crisis in the team.
7-Determine KPIs for the PR department.
8-Writing reports for every PR campaign.
9-Assign and supervise the team.
10-Establish and maintain an effective working relationship.
11-Respond to any information about employers in the PR team.
12-Manage the company archives.
13-Meet the deadline.
15-Speaking in public through interviews and meetings, events.
16-Analysis media coverage.
17-Building positive relationships between the public and companies.
18-Can collaborate with other teams.
19-Edit and update promotional materials and publications (brochures –videos –social media posts)
Public Relations Manager Salary
The average media public relations media salary is $98,997 In the united states, but the range typically ranges between $82,170 and $119,101. Salary ranges not fixed and it depends on many factors like education, experience, certifications and Communication skills
What kind of companies that the public relations manager can apply for?
4-TV and Radio companies.
6- Private companies.
10-Commercial and industrial organization.
There are many companies in many fields that have a public relations team.