A leader is very important in our society, we can find a leader in any company, organization, army, and hospital. A leader is a person who leads a group of people in any job the one who is responsible for the team, train them, help them, and solve their problems. The meaning of a leader is very important in our life but not anyone can be a leader, being a leader require from you a lot of characteristics such as:
- Strong personality.
- Positive attitude.
- Self- awareness.
- Ability to delegate.
- Eager and keen to learn new things.
- Respect others.
- Have a vision.
- Can make a balance between personal life and work.
- Inspire the team.
- Can take a decision.
Types of leaders who have different styles and leadership
- This is a type of leader who can make decisions with few or no participation from team members.
- This type of leader can work independently preside over policies.
- Supervise directly the team.
- The rules are very important for this type of leaders.
- He can produce results in small-group situation.
- This type can avoid the number of mistakes that occurs
- This type of leader will be more beneficial in industrial organisation, that the decision will be make on time and quickly.
Example for this type of leadership:
- The second type of leaders also called “participative leadership”
- This type can emphasize collaboration between the team and the free-flow of ideas.
- This type of leaders also allow the team to share ideas in decision making they all decide who is a part of the group or divide the tasks.
- We can see this kind of leader in schools, nurseries and forward-thinking companies.
- Responsibility is shared between all the members between their leaders.
Examples for Democratic Leaders:
- We also called this type as” Laissez-Faire Leadership’’
- This type of leaders have a high degree of autonomy.
- They provide their team with all the tools they need to work and finish their tasks.
- They allow group members to make decisions.
- This type is faster decision taking.
- He can accept mistakes from team and correct it.
- This type can be successful if you are hiring high skilled employees, experienced who are self-starters and motivated.
This type of leaders can work in advertising agencies, media companies, social media.
Examples for Delegative leaders:
5-Marten Van Buren.
4- Coaching leaders
- This type leader give people a little direction to help them tap in to their ability to reach their goals.
- This type is using a coach approach to unlock people’s potential.
- They create a very positive work place and good atmosphere.
Examples of coaching leaders:
- This type of leader is the leader that leads the team from the front.
- Put high standard rules and plans for his team waiting from them.
- He or she addicted for having the work done faster, better and perfect.
Examples for “Pacesetting Leaders”
1-Jack Welch (CEO of GE)
2-Lee Kuan yew (1st Prime minister of Singapore)
3-James Cameron (Film Maker)
4-Virat Kohli (Captain of Indian cricket team)
- This type means that leaders use the sentence “people come first”
- This type close enough with employees.
- He or she supports the emotional needs of the team.
- He or she cares about harmony.
Examples for Affiliative Leaders:
- He believes in himself, that he knows more than others, he is the smartest person inside the company.
- He makes all the decisions with little input from the team members.
Examples for Autocratic leaders:
How can you choose your style of leadership?
You have to know yourself and know which one from the styles is good for you to be a good leader. Read and search about the styles and know the difference between them and develop your leadership skills.