Fulfillment Associates perform basic warehousing and stock order duties. They are responsible for offloading merchandise trucks, deciphering work orders, finding stock, and packing goods for shipping. They are working in a junior role and report directly to the Warehouse Manager.
Fulfillment Associate Job Description
As a Fulfillment Associate, you will be responsible for the offloading of stock deliveries, the processing of work orders, locating the products, and the packaging orders for shipment. You will also be supposed to run warehouse machinery, including forklifts, cherry pickers, and pallet jacks.
You should have a good understanding of the warehousing procedures, a good eye for detail, and the ability to lift heavy items to ensure success as a Fulfillment Associate. Overall, while adhering to safety and quality standards, a top-class Fulfillment Associate handles orders quickly and efficiently.
Fulfillment Associate Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcome delivery trucks
- Offloading of delivery trucks transporting goods to the warehouse.
- Arrange incoming deliveries in designated storage areas.
- Carrying out warehouse duties using pallet jacks, cherry pickers, and forklifts.
- Reading and processing work orders.
- Locating and extracting products from shelves and warehouse storage areas.
- Accommodate and carefully handle fragile merchandise
- Track and document exact shipment arrival and departure times
- Tag and label merchandise
- Label and stockpile merchandise according to size, shape, and type.
- Box, wrap and pack the products in accordance with relevant procedures and standards
- The confirmation of the product details corresponds to that of the work order.
- Inspection of products for damages, defects, and irregularities.
- Packing the products for delivery.
- Transportation of the packed items to the trucks for shipping.
- Finalizing the work order and updating the database by entering the data in inventory and logistics software programs
- Complying with state health and safety practices.
Fulfillment Associate Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good Knowledge of procedures of warehousing.
- Experience as a Fulfillment Associate.
- Ability to read and interpret written work orders.
- Forklift and cherry picker certification.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a loud environment.
- Ability to walk or stand for up to eight hours a day.
- You can read and take direction in English.
- Be at least 18-years old.