Fulfillment Associates perform basic warehousing and stock order duties. They are responsible for offloading merchandise trucks, deciphering work orders, finding stock, and packing goods for shipping. They are working in a junior role and report directly to the Warehouse Manager. In this article, you will read about the Duties of a Fulfillment Associate.
Fulfillment Associate Job Description
As a Fulfillment Associate, you will be responsible for the offloading of stock deliveries, the processing of work orders, locating the products, and the packaging orders for shipment. You will also be supposed to run warehouse machinery, including forklifts, cherry pickers, and pallet jacks.
You should have a good understanding of the warehousing procedures, a good eye for detail, and the ability to lift heavy items to ensure success as a Fulfillment Associate. Overall, while adhering to safety and quality standards, a top-class Fulfillment Associate handles orders quickly and efficiently.
Fulfillment Associate Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcome delivery trucks
- Offloading of delivery trucks transporting goods to the warehouse.
- Arrange incoming deliveries in designated storage areas.
- Carrying out warehouse duties using pallet jacks, cherry pickers, and forklifts.
- Reading and processing work orders.
- Locating and extracting products from shelves and warehouse storage areas.
- Accommodate and carefully handle fragile merchandise
- Track and document exact shipment arrival and departure times
- Tag and label merchandise
- Label and stockpile merchandise according to size, shape, and type.
- Box, wrap and pack the products in accordance with relevant procedures and standards
- The confirmation of the product details corresponds to that of the work order.
- Inspection of products for damages, defects, and irregularities.
- Packing the products for delivery.
- Transportation of the packed items to the trucks for shipping.
- Finalizing the work order and updating the database by entering the data in inventory and logistics software programs
- Complying with state health and safety practices.
Fulfillment Associate Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good Knowledge of procedures of warehousing.
- Experience as a Fulfillment Associate.
- Ability to read and interpret written work orders.
- Forklift and cherry picker certification.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a loud environment.
- Ability to walk or stand for up to eight hours a day.
- You can read and take directions in English.
- Be at least 18-years old.
Fulfillment Associate Job Examples
Amazon Fulfillment Associates are among those on the front line fulfilling customers’ orders within the Fulfillment Centers. The ideal candidate is focused on the customer experience, quality, safety, and productivity.
Fulfillment Associate US, Nationwide
Fulfillment associates are expected to understand aspects of production; adhere to strict safety, quality, and production standards. Dependent on business needs, the position may require an associate to be willing and able to work on powered equipment (i.e forklift or cherry picker).
Lead Fulfillment Associate US, Nationwide
Lead Fulfillment Associates are responsible for performing production duties and assisting Area Managers with the daily management of the department. They are also expected to understand aspects of production; adhere to strict safety, quality, and production standards.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be willing and able to work all shifts
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required
- Must be able to read and take direction in English
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Must be able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
- Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 ft (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
- Must be willing and able to work on powered equipment-for example forklift or cherry picker
- Perform production duties as needed: pick/pack orders, receive/stow product, ensure inventory accuracy, and unload/load trucks at or above the rate expected for each task
- Assist Area Manager in the daily management of department/FC duties, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, coaching, training, and communicating with internal and external suppliers
- Continued meeting or exceeding of department performance goals
- Ability to work for different managers: managers move around to meet business needs and as Amazon’s business grows you must adapt to changes in management
- Computer experience
- Excellent communication skills- able to coach, train and assist team members
- Thinks outside of the box; searches for innovative solutions
- Demonstrates positive work attitude and leadership skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to a culture of safety
Property Management Duties and Responsibilities
Public Relationship Manager Job Description